Tuesday, November 3, 2015

SOS #226: Light My Fire

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Light My Fire, and we'd like you to use something related to light (light bulb, spotlight, street light, fire place, candles, etc.) LOTS of options!

Here's my card:


The candle image is from Paper Smooches. I knew I wanted to use it, but I was not sure about the colors. HA, who am I kidding - it needed to be blue and green, of course.

I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Snow Day paper pad and selected a few papers based on the current MFT Sketch:


I turned mine horizontally, but otherwise I think I was pretty true to the sketch.

For the stripes, I used the index sheet from the paper pad. I can never figure out how else to use those.

I colored the candle with some BGs (not the singing group) and a YG. I love Sandy's Hex Chart - it's such a help in selecting colors across color groups that blend nicely.

The candle needed grounding, so I stamped the leaves onto the same green paper I used for layering and fussy-cut them.

I needed to use something from MFT, so I broke open my Merry Messages set and stamped it across the bottom of the card, a little off-set to the left to make room for the circle.

For my last act, I added Ruby Red Liquid Pearls to the berries, clear Wink of Stella to the candle's flame, then covered the flame in Glossy Accents.  I also added a few pieces of Martha's confetti for some more shiny (and to follow the sketch):



So, do you have candle or fire or light bulb or some other "light" images? I hope you'll play along with us this week at SOS. Also please stop by the SOS blog to see what the other DT gals have cooked up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Copics (0, Y19, Y35, BG32, BG34, YG21), and the following:




9 comments:

  1. Oh cute little Christmas bunnies. Great card, fabulous take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i loooooooooooooooooooooooves those bunneeeeeeeeees!!! little worried they might hop into the candle sector... luckily you've used a green safety mat, lol! (ok, yeah, i'm EXTRA silly this morning; you're welcome lol!) this is an awesome card & such a great take on the theme! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Now I have The Doors stuck in my head. This is a terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The candle is so pretty, but those flippin' adorable papers won me over completely! Incredibly CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas again! At least it's in blue and green. Love the colouring of the candle and your choice of papers to complement it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'Mon, Baby, Light my Fire.... I like your card, very sweet and the cool colors are soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those papers are so darned cute and perfect for that wonderful candle image. Love the flickering of the flame with the wos and ga. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, love the colour combo and that pretty paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! The papers, and that candle (LOVE how you colored that candle!) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)