Thursday, November 12, 2015

Kindness Kitty

This card happened because I wanted to justify the recent purchase of a background stamp, so I used it to make this:


I have big plans for this background stamp, but today I chose to white heat-emboss it and color it with Distress inks.

I actually colored the background before I realized I'd done a flip-flopped version of the current Retro Sketches sketch:


I literally taped the sketch to my desk lamp backwards and upside-down. I can adapt.

I had the kitty stamped already, so I just cut a black circle to layer it for contrast. The kindness sentiment is from the new Hero Arts Acts of Kindness set curated by Jennifer McGuire for her Kindness campaign. If you haven't heard about it, please stop by her blog. There is a new kindness challenge each week during the month of November. As an added bonus, Hero Arts is donating 25% of the profits from the sale of these sets to the Kind Campaign to help end bullying. Isn't that great?

I added a few ancient clear pearly things and called it a day.

I'm also entering this in the current Crazy for Challenges challenge to use Fall colors (I used red, yellow, and green).

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: clear glass bead thingies,  SU black card stock, Copics (0, W1, W3, W5), and the following:



5 comments:

  1. I love the card just the way you made it. That was a very good use for that stamp I'd say you've justified that purchase with just this one card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that is a cute kittie. Great coloring on the backrground, aren't bg stamps fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The little kitty is adorable and I like the background colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that cat. Perfect. And not unlike my Duncan. So the card is already awesome, and then you make that amazing background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I like those clear circle beads on such an angular background. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)