Friday, November 20, 2015

Joy

In my last post, I mentioned my new Reverse Confetti die set has two sizes of wreaths. I challenged myself to use the larger one. This was mostly because when I went to the RC site to get the link for the dies, I spied a sample card that perfectly explains why I needed this set. So I CASEd it.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


Ack, it really needs a red bow.  Be right back... ... ...

Okay, fixed it:


The wreath isn't as large as I thought it was, and it actually fits the card front quite nicely. The only thing I had for embellishments (aside from bling) was a set of star dies, so I cut some from a remnant of SU Poppy Parade and stuck them on.

The joy is a Lil Inker Designs die, and it's a perfect fit for the center of the wreath. I cut it thrice from some SU Brushed Silver card stock, but it wasn't shiny enough for me, so I went over it with clear Wink of Stella.

Because I'm in multiples mode, I made a second card. The only difference is I used some enamel star stickers instead of die-cutting them:


and version two, with the red bow:


I chose poorly with the original placement of the stars and wasn't sure where to add a bow. I ended up moving the top star a little to the left, and put the bow in its place.

And I'm down to about 5" of ribbon left on that roll. It only took me 10+ years to use it all. ;/

I think I can live with this. Also, the "leaves" in the wreath are hearts, so this wreath could be used for a love card, too. Bonus!

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: ancient ribbon from Mike's, Wreaths Confetti Cuts from Reverse Confetti, Lil Inker Designs Joy Word Die, Memory Box Cosmic Star dies, Bazzill Sea Glass card stock, SU Poppy Parade card stock, linen card stock from the UK for the base, SU Brushed Sliver card stock (I still have 2 1/2 packs left - sigh), and the following:



2 comments:

  1. That is fast becoming one of my favorite color combinations aqua red and silver. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This size is perfect for a CAS card. Beautiful colours, bows and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)