Monday, December 8, 2014

Using the Whole Box of Crayons

I had a major adventure last week before I left for my road trip crafty weekend (it was a good week!), and I checked out a new-to-me local stamp store. I have a short fuse when it comes to big box craft stores, but I'm happy to visit an LSS, and visit often.

Her inventory was low that day, but I still managed to find enough stuff that needed to come home with me. I'm quite happy with the lines she carries, and I'll be back!

So, I took my collection of new goodies with me for the crafty weekend, and made myself use some of them. Here's one card that I made:


Isn't that a fun stamp? It's by Verses, and it's all one stamp - no lining up for the crayons! I shamelessly went online and looked up Crayola for my box colors. I colored that wide open area, and it's not too streaky. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

I colored each of the crayons, then colored the box. It's so bright, I decided to just put it on a white card base, but of course there's that whole white space thing, so I ran the white panel through an embossing folder to break it up a bit. I loaded up the crayons with Glossy Accents and set it aside to dry while we had lunch. When it was dry, I put it on the card with foam tape.

I like how it turned out! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Box of Crayons by Verses Rubber Stamps (stamp is near the bottom of this page), and the following:




5 comments:

  1. Crayons and crayon stamps make me happy. They remind me of the good old days. You know back when all we had to do was color, play, and take naps. Fun card.

    What's with the verification thingy now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet creation, love how happy colorful and thoughtful this card is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, I always loved crayons as a kid...the colors, the smell, the coloring. No wonder I love this hobby.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)