Sunday, December 7, 2014

Beary Happy Birthday

Hi there! I'm back from a fun weekend spent with a crafty friend, and we actually made cards! It's fun to play at someone else's house, especially if they have more stuff than you do, and theirs is very, very organized. Not that mine isn't, but to the untrained eye my craft room may appear to be chaos.

So I raided her stamps that I wanted to use. Here's a card I made using the MFT Cool Day stamp set with cutie patootie polar bears:


As soon as I saw this guy, I knew I needed to paper piece his sweater, and I chose my current go-to paper: Lawn Fawn Snow Day. LOVE that stuff!

I had a bit of fussy work with the paws and mug, but it was totally worth it! Fortunately, I'd mis-stamped him a few times, so I had extra mugs and paws available for fussy cutting. *ahem*

I actually did color the bear with a C0 Copic so he wasn't so stark white against the background and chunk of ice.

For the layout -- crazy-easy -- I followed the current challenge over at Stamplorations, which is to use any of their previous challenges:


Before I left for the weekend, I printed out all the challenges I'd selected during the week, including several of the Stamplorations sketches.  This card uses Sketch #13:


Granted, I took a few liberties with the sketch... my polar bear and chunk of ice are the flower elements, and my sentiment is under the images, but I was at least inspired by the sketch.

The jury is still out on if I'll order this set or not. He is pretty cute, non?

Since it was a productive weekend, I have a few more cards I'll share over the next week or so. Y'all come back now, you hear?

Thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:

  1. I thought *of course* the sweater needs to be fussy cut... but then I saw his paw and that mug and decided that you'd been having a BEERY good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is so adorable :) Love ur card, thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I woulda just painted the mug and hands...lol I do not like fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, he makes me smile every time I see him. I think it's the coffee cup! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Hope your holidays were/are happy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)