Thursday, March 20, 2014

ABNH: DT Welcome



The new Design Team has been announced at A Blog Named Hero, and I MADE THE CUT! I'm so honored to continue as part of this great team!

For our big DT Welcome, we were to asked make a Hello or Welcome card, and guess what I had out on my desk?  Check it out:


Yep, I used up the rest of my pre-cut Hellos. But first, about that background. I die-cut the Hero Arts Triangle Background die and punched out all the triangles. I'm too impatient to die-cut the thing multiple times, then piece back in all those triangles to make a rainbow. Instead, I stole an idea from Laura Bassen (I think) and colored another piece of card stock with Copics, like this:


and I stuck the white layer over it. So easy!

Here it is again, because I have more 'splaining to do:



I had to trim down the sides of the triangle piece a little, and miraculously I didn't totally destroy the whole thing. It's usually one of those "a little bit here, a little bit there" until the whole piece is trashed. *phew*

I really wanted to use the Hello, but all those triangles were sooooo busy it got lost, and I needed to cut the busy a little. I added a strip of white card stock under where the black Hello was going be to hide a few rows of the color. I think it helped.

One thing I discovered to make my life easier: the die-cut word is bigger than the white strip, and I needed to figure out a way to put glue only where I wanted it. So, I turned the Hello stack over and lined it up on the white strip, then only applied the glue to the part that was over the white strip (if that makes sense):


If you look closely, you can see the blue dots of glue from my Zig glue pen. Except for the top of the 'e', it's mostly just over the white strip of card stock. When I flipped the die-cut over, it was perfectly glued.

Why not stop by A Blog Named Hero to meet the rest of the team and see what they've created?

Thanks, again, to Linda and Mary Dawn for keeping me on the team! I'm honored. :)

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Love the colours behind the triangles, Leslie - so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Your card is fabulous - you know how much I love this die. You did such a good job with the Glossy Accents on the hello die. I cannot get it that smooth no matter how hard I try. It hates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And I love your card. It looks so complicated but oh, so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the DT re-up! I love your background. *files away in brain for future use*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card Leslie :) My husband did point out though, that one marker was opposite to the rest... and yes, he WOULD notice that, not the pretty rainbow of colours :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo many triangles on this one. I love the rainbow of colors on this one and I love your "cheater" method of how you made them. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)