Wednesday, February 26, 2014

From The Ashes #2

This is my second From The Ashes card, where I use only stuff out on my desk, which means it's mostly cast-offs from other projects that I couldn't bear to throw away. My first From The Ashes card is here, and here's #2:


This one is for three (yes, THREE) challenges:

Moxie Fab World: Happy for Hexagons

Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown Color challenge: Teal or Turquoise 

Colour Me challenge:
Okay, okay, I took some liberties with the definition of "teal", but my hexagons were cut from a light pool color, which is really teal, if you think about it. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Because of all that blah blah blah, here's the card again so I can explain:


First I cut the hexagon background from a piece of Hero Arts Shallows paper that was laying next to my paper cutter. Then I cut it again from pieces of red, grey, black and white so I had a few hexagons of each of the colors. I stuck the pool frame to the white base, fit in the not-pool colors, then filled the rest with pool pieces. I then went around with my glue and Pick-Me-Up tool and applied glue under each piece.

The sentiment is from a new Lil' Inker set (linked below) that I had to have, even though I rarely make wedding or engagement cards. I think it's the font that sold me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go link this baby to three challenges. Then I might stamp again. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lil' Inker It's Today, Right? stamp set; misc grey, red and black card stock; and the following:


7 comments:

  1. What an attractive card! Love the accent colors inside the hexagons. I like that font too - something about the mix of upper and lower case I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color scheme and the way you used it on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun card. That putting things back in the hole caused by a die cut technique (sure, that has a shorter name? [stop calling you 'Shirley']) is very hot right now. I love that you did it with a big background die. The colors are fresh and fun and yeah, teal and aqua... where is the line between them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a nice card from the ashes of left over stuff on your desk. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool card! I love the concept of using the cast-offs from other projects as well. I have a stash of "I-can't-throw-this-away" goodies but I never go back to them! The hexagons in the challenge colours are great! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is me, and I am here! ;)
    And... DUDE! So pumped to see you card!!!

    Thanks for linking your card up to the MFW Happy for Hexagons challenge! IT TOTALLY excites me that you played!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!

    Teri




    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)