Tuesday, October 1, 2013

SOS #121 - PINK

It's Tuesday, and time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we ask you to use pink for October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month). Please use pink as your primary color, OR make something with a cancer awareness/support theme, OR, do both.

As most of you know by now, I am allergic to (gah) pink. It might be October and that everything (EVERYthing) breast-cancer-related is pink. I reached my personal point of saturation years ago.

HOWEVER, I can make one card with pink. Considering how much I don't like it, I sure have a lot of it. I used a piece of Japanese paper from The Heaplet and made this:


Yes, it's just like this card I made a while ago. I liked it so much I decided to copy myself and make another one. I needed a Thank You card for someone who happens to love all things pink, so it was perfect. Unfortunately, I forgot to cut the Our Daily Bread die out of thinner card stock and I spent an inordinate amount of time gently pulling the pieces out. Thankfully, I could use selective placement of the sentiment panel to cover the few that didn't come out so well. Gotta love a hobby that lets you cover up your own mistakes and make it look like you meant to do that.

Oh, and I also used my last piece of 1/4-sheet light pink card stock. Baby steps, people, baby steps.

Now it's your turn! Go dig out some pink, or cancer/support-themed stuff, or both! Make something, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Products used: Our Daily Bread Quatrefoil Pattern die, misc Japanese paper, misc pink card stock, Memory Box tiny pink pearls, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you bit the bullet once more and made this beautiful pink based card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking one for the team, eh? Great job, even with all of the (gah!) pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a fabulous card! I love that die, and no-one would guess there's anything behind the sentiment. It looks great!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much just giggled my whole way through your post :) I can't even SEE pink (gah!) now without thinking (gah)...there's influence for ya :)
    And as for the perfect placement of the sentiment...yep. Love it when that happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card, even with the bits of pink! and i just love that die oh so much
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)